What is spiritual support?
If you choose to integrate spiritual care into your cancer journey, we offer a variety of services:
- Individual and group prayer
- Counseling with a minister or other faith representative
- Weekly worship and communion services and Bible studies at participating hospital locations
- Communication between our pastoral care team and a family’s spiritual advisers at home, upon request
- Individual and group opportunities for spiritual support
- Telephone consultations
- Support in arranging advanced care planning and making care decisions, including assistance in scheduling ceremonies, sacraments and spiritually significant observances
Chaplains are also available for prayer before surgery and to meet with caregivers and family members at any time. In addition, other clinicians, including physicians and nurses, often pray with patients as part of the care they provide.
After you have completed your treatment, our spiritual support services are available to you any time you choose, even after you have returned home.