Conditions to participation
The purpose of the CancerCenter community is provide you an opportunity to share your experiences with others, discuss cancer news and voice your thoughts and opinions. Below are guidelines for acceptable conduct in the CancerCenter community.
You understand that all information, data, text and messages, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not CancerCenter, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CancerCenter be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, for any actions taken by you or anyone in reliance on Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via CancerCenter. We reserve the right to monitor, edit, investigate or delete any Content posted within the CancerCenter community features. Please keep in mind that not all of the people who visit us are cancer patients. Many of our visitors are caregivers, friends of patients or people in the medical profession.
It is important to always get a professional medical opinion and to not rely on community members' opinions for medical advice. What's right or has worked for one person, or what has purportedly worked for one person, may not be what's right for you. Talk to your physician about your individual situation. CancerCenter does not provide medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for advice of your physician.
Code of conduct
- Keep Personal Information Personal. CancerCenter advises against posting or uploading your name, email address, street address and telephone number. This forum is for the purpose of on-board sharing only. Please keep personal information personal. Similarly, please do not ask for personal information from others. This includes, but is not limited to, messages that ask for personal information submitted via posts, email address, mail, telephone, surveys, polls and research studies.
- Share Useful Information. Providing links to other web sites on CancerCenter is permitted, as long as they are to primarily informational web sites. All links will be subject to review and possible removal if deemed harmful, inappropriate or unreliable. Soliciting or advertising another business is prohibited. Copyrighted information should not be posted without the consent of the author.
- Not Impersonate Any Person or Entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Keep It Clean. Posting of or uploading of any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable is prohibited. We reserve the right to delete postings without notice and to terminate membership to our community.
- Keep It Legal. Posting or uploading of any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law is prohibited.
- Stay On Topic. Please remember that CancerCenter provides this community for you to discuss cancer related issues and concerns. With consideration to your fellow CancerCenter community members, please stay on topic.
- Avoid Duplicate Posts. Do not post the same message more than once. Duplicate messages can be frustrating for other visitors and will be deleted.