Panel discussion open to the public focused on women’s health and oncology topics
for breast cancer awareness month
CHICAGO – In honor of breast cancer awareness month, Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) Chicago is proud to host the Women’s Health Symposium on Wednesday, Oct. 17, at the College of Lake County (Grayslake, Ill.).
Beginning at 5:30 p.m. until 7:45 p.m., Chicagoans can join leading CTCA oncology team members for special presentations focused on women’s health and breast cancer, followed by an open Q&A panel discussion. Complimentary refreshments will be served during the opening reception. Presentations for the evening include:
- Myths About Cancer, What Causes It, and Prevention Tips presented by Eugene Ahn, MD, Medical Director of Clinical Research & Hematologist/Oncologist, CTCA
- Women’s Health presented by Julian Schink, MD, Chief, CTCA Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, CTCA
- What Every Woman Should Know About Breast Cancer presented by Dennis Citrin, MB ChB, PhD, Medical Oncologist, CTCA
- Surgical Options for Breast Cancer Patients presented by Miral Amin, MD, FACS, Surgical Oncologist and Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon, CTCA
- Q&A Panel Discussion presented by Aaron Pelletier, MD, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, CTCA
“CTCA believes in a patient-centered approach to care, using evidence-based medicine personalized to patient needs in a compassionate environment,” said Eugene Ahn, Medical Director of Clinical Research and Hematologist/Oncologist, CTCA Chicago. “We’re proud to host the Women’s Health Symposium where women and their loved ones can learn more from our clinical leaders about the latest in breast cancer prevention and treatment.”
The Women’s Health Symposium will take place in Auditorium – A011 at the College of Lake County (19351 West Washington Street, Grayslake, Ill.) The event is free. No registration required. More information on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/540154926454744/.
About Cancer Treatment Centers of America®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America Global, Inc. (CTCA) is a comprehensive cancer care network of hospitals and outpatient care centers in Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Tulsa. Specializing in the treatment of adult cancer patients, CTCA® offers an integrative approach to care that combines surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy with advancements in precision cancer treatment and supportive therapies designed to manage side effects and enhance quality of life both during and after treatment. CTCA also offers a range of clinical trials for cancer patients with the objective of revealing new treatments supported by scientific and investigational research. CTCA patient satisfaction scores consistently rank among the highest for all cancer care providers in the country. Visit cancercenter.com, Facebook.com/cancercenter and Twitter.com/cancercenter for more information.