Travel planning and coordination
We understand that traveling for cancer treatment may seem overwhelming. Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) offers many services that make getting to one of our cancer hospitals as easy, stress-free and affordable as possible.
||Handled by CTCA?
|Reserve airline/train ticket.
||For certain patients, CTCA® will cover the cost of your flight/train ride, or reimburse you for miles if you drive.*
|Make hotel/lodging arrangements.
||CTCA offers on- and off-site guest rooms at reduced rates, and has partnered with nearby hotels to offer rooms at reduced rates.
|Arrange for transportation from the airport/train station to the hospital or to your lodging site.
||CTCA helps arrange ground transportation services, including trips to and from the hospital and local lodging sites.
|Determine where/what to eat during the visit.
||CTCA offers healthy and affordable meal options for patients and their caregivers at the hospital.**
* If you are a beneficiary of a government health insurance program, such as Medicare, CTCA is not permitted to provide travel, transportation or lodging benefits.
** Meal costs for patients and caregivers vary at each CTCA hospital.
Prior to your visit, a CTCA representative will:
- Verify your insurance benefits
- Obtain your medical records and transfer them to your CTCA hospital
- Schedule your initial appointment
- Schedule your air or train travel*
- Reserve your accommodations at our on-site guest quarters or at a nearby hotel
- Greet you at the airport or train station and bring you to the hospital, or to your nearby lodging site*
Once you arrive, each of our hospitals provides:
- Concierge services (an information station at the hospital)
- Healthy meal options by a world-class culinary team
- Shuttle service to the airport*, local restaurants, shops and attractions
- Salon services
- Childcare services and a fitness facility for you and your caregivers (at select facilities)
- Patient and caregiver activities, classes and support groups
- An on-site pharmacy/supplement center
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hospital
* If you are a beneficiary of a government health insurance program, such as Medicare, CTCA is not permitted to provide travel, lodging or transportation benefits.
See our hospitals