Vivek Khemka, MD, MBA, FACP
Western Regional Medical Center
"At Cancer Treatment Centers of America, I’m able to focus on my patients and give them the support they need. I am able to provide the best possible care in an integrated setting with a team of other specialists and providers who are able to support the patients during their treatment."
- Vivek Khemka, MD, MBA, FACP
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai, India
Internship / Residency
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Brookdale University Hospital & Medical Center, Brooklyn
- Medical Oncology, Geriatric Medicine & Internal Medicine - American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology & Hematology - Cooper Cancer Institute, UMDNJ/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Camden, NJ
- Palliative Medicine - Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Geriatrics - North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
A medical oncologist at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) at Western Regional Medical Center (Western), Dr. Vivek Khemka works with a dedicated team of cancer experts.
“What we as physicians at CTCA are able to do is provide multidisciplinary cancer care under one roof for our patients,” emphasizes Dr. Khemka. “On a personal level, that gives me great professional satisfaction as an oncologist.”
“I look at the different treatment modalities and collaborate with my colleagues in other specialties to personalize and optimize the treatment for each patient," says Dr. Khemka. "We’re able to do that quickly at CTCA, most often within a day or two. The short time within which we are able to provide an integrated treatment plan to our patients is important.”
Dr. Khemka is board certified in medical oncology, as well as in internal medicine, palliative medicine and geriatrics. He completed medical school at Sri Ramachandra Medical College in Chennai, India. He then practiced medicine in India and the West Indies. He moved to the United States and did an internal medicine residency at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center and Brookdale University Hospital & Medical Center, both in Brooklyn, New York. He completed fellowship training in:
- Medical oncology and hematology at the Cooper Cancer Institute, UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Camden, New Jersey (where he also served as co-chief fellow)
- Palliative medicine at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York
- Geriatrics at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, New York
Before joining CTCA in January 2011, Dr. Khemka was with a group practice in Phoenix. Prior to that, he was on faculty at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Dr. Khemka co-authored research published in the Journal of Internal Medicine and the Journal of Palliative Medicine. He also co-authored a chapter in a medical textbook titled Choices in Palliative Care: Issues in Health Care Delivery. Additionally, he helped adapt and develop educational materials on palliative care used to train physicians and other healthcare providers in Asia.
Dr. Khemka is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology and the American College of Physicians. He is also a member of the Indo-American Cancer Association.