Oliver Waldrop, MD
Western Regional Medical Center
"CTCA offers a comprehensive treatment program in a single facility with an emphasis on patient care."
- Oliver G. Waldrop, MD
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
Internship / Residency
- Department of Family Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
- American Board of Family Medicine
Practicing Since: 2005
Dr. Oliver G. Waldrop is a hospitalist at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) at Western Regional Medical Center. In this role, Dr. Waldrop acts as patients’ general medical physician while at the hospital. He works with other physicians to manage and coordinate inpatient care.
Dr. Waldrop decided to join CTCA because he believes in its mission, vision and values.
“CTCA offers a comprehensive treatment program in a single facility with an emphasis on patient care,” says Dr. Waldrop. “I enjoy working with people who truly love what they do and working in a patient-centered environment.”
Dr. Waldrop earned a medical degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. This is also where he completed both his internship and residency through the Department of Family Medicine.
Dr. Waldrop is a member of the following organizations:
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians
- Southern Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Dr. Waldrop believes in sharing his gift with those in need. In 2005, he offered his medical services to Hurricane Katrina Disaster Medical Relief. He also treated people at the Jackson Free Clinic for the Homeless in 2002.