Jiaxin (Jason) Niu, MD, PhD
Western Regional Medical Center
"I treat each of my patients as a whole person, and I deliver the best care possible via effective communication, up-to-date clinical evidence and research, and personalized treatment planning."
- Jiaxin (Jason) Niu, MD, PhD
- China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Internship / Residency
- Internal Medicine - Cook County Hospital, Chicago
- General Surgery - China Medical University
- PhD, Molecular Pharmacology - University of Illinois-Chicago
- Medical Oncology, Hematology & Internal Medicine - American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hematology/Oncology - Baylor College of Medicine/MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Molecular Biology & Cell Biology - University of Illinois-Chicago
Practicing Since: 2010
In July 2011, medical oncologist Dr. Jiaxin Niu joined our integrated team of cancer treatment providers at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) at Western Regional Medical Center. He says what impresses him most about CTCA is that we take a truly multidisciplinary approach to fighting cancer.
Dr. Niu is board certified in medical oncology, hematology and internal medicine. He earned a medical degree and completed residency training in general surgery at China Medical University in Shenyang, China. Additionally, Dr. Niu earned a PhD in molecular pharmacology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and was awarded a predoctoral fellowship from the American Heart Association.
He completed a postdoctoral fellowship at UIC, receiving extensive training in molecular biology and cell biology. Dr. Niu went on to complete an internal medicine residency at Cook County Hospital in Chicago and a hematology-oncology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. One of the training hospitals he did a rotation at was MD Anderson Cancer Center.
A member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Dr. Niu’s work has been published in several clinical journals. He has also presented at conferences for the Society of General Internal Medicine and the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.
Dr. Niu lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his family. He enjoys playing tennis with his son and swimming with his daughter. He is extremely proud of his wife, whom he says is the “best herbalist and acupuncturist.”