What is image enhancement?
A good self-image may help reduce depression and anxiety, help you feel more confident and improve your overall sense of well-being.
Our on-campus salon and spa offers a variety of image enhancement services to help you find ways to look and feel your best throughout your cancer treatment.
Patients and their families have access to the following image enhancement services at CTCA:
- Hair and nail care services, including haircuts, colors, manicures, pedicures, waxing, wig needs, etc.
- Hats, wigs, scarves, soft head coverings and other accessories
- A selection of breast forms, breast prosthetics and post-surgical bras
- Compression garments for treating lymphedema
- Women’s health products, including skincare products
- Classes and seminars on a variety of topics, including the connection between looking good and feeling better, as well as image-enhancement techniques.
Image enhancement for thyroid cancer
We understand how difficult it can be to adjust to sudden changes in your appearance that may be the result of thyroid cancer or the treatments you are undergoing, like hair loss from chemotherapy.
Our experienced team of image enhancement experts helps you deal with the after effects of cancer. We’ll help you to feel good about yourself, address body-image issues, and prepare you for hair loss or other cosmetic changes that may occur. We offer helpful classes and seminars, as well as consultations with hair stylists, cosmetologists and salon personnel.