Larry McKenzie, DO
Pain Management Physician
Southwestern Regional Medical Center
"As a physician, it is a joy to work in an environment that is patient-centered and where the entire staff is dedicated to patient care."
- Larry McKenzie, DO
Osteopathic Medical Degree
- DO - Oklahoma State University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Internship / Residency
- Internship – Columbia Tulsa Regional Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
- Family Medicine Residency – Oklahoma State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK
- Anesthesiology Residency – Oklahoma State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK
- Pain Fellowship – Oklahoma State University’s Center for Health Sciences, Tulsa, OK
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- BS – Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Practicing Since: 1997
“In my experience, the support for physicians at CTCA, and the tremendous emphasis on the patient-centered care model is second to none,” says Dr. Larry McKenzie, pain management physician at CTCA at Southwestern Regional Medical Center.
Dr. McKenzie earned a Doctor of Osteopathy degree from Oklahoma State University (OSU) in Tulsa. He then completed an internship at Columbia Tulsa Regional Medical Center, followed by a family medicine residency at OSU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he also completed an anesthesiology residency.
Dr. McKenzie also completed a pain fellowship at OSU’s Center for Health Sciences.
He holds a bachelor’s degree from Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. He also completed graduate work in the Department of Anatomy at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa.
Prior to joining CTCA, Dr. McKenzie was Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at Oklahoma University Medical Center and at OSU Center for Health Sciences, where he was also Program Director of the family medicine residency. He also worked in private practices in Ardmore and Healdton, both in Oklahoma.
Since joining CTCA in July 2013, Dr. McKenzie says he believes the patient-centered environment allows our physicians to provide numerous treatment options for each patient, thereby enhancing patient care.
When he is not working, Dr. McKenzie enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He also enjoys missions work and travel.