Gerald Ellison, PhD
Southwestern Regional Medical Center
- PhD, Counseling Psychology - Indiana State University, Terre Haute
- MS, Clinical Psychology - Murray State University, Murray, KY
- BA, Psychology - David Lipscomb University, Nashville
- Counseling - Veterans Administration Medical Center, Knoxville, IA
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Marital & Family Therapist
Practicing Since: 1982
Dr. Gerald Ellison is a mind-body therapist in the Mind-Body Medicine Department at Cancer Treatment Centers of America at Southwestern Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Ellison understands the powerful connection that exists among the mind, body and spirit, between stress and illness, and between health and hope. Working with Dr. Ellison and the rest of the mind-body medicine team, patients can turn to practices such as meditation and imagery to promote health, wholeness and quality of life.
Dr. Ellison is a licensed psychologist and a marriage and family therapist. He earned a PhD in counseling psychology from Indiana State University. His professional experiences include being a full-time faculty member in a graduate counseling program for several years, establishing and directing a counseling center for a church and engaging in the private practice of psychology.