Arch Miller III, MD, FACS, FAAP
Medical Director of Plastic Surgery & Plastic Surgeon
Southwestern Regional Medical Center
"I approach patients like I would my own family—like I would like to be treated. I'm a cancer survivor. I know how it feels as I've been there myself."
- Arch S. Miller III, MD, FACS, FAAP
- University of Texas at Galveston
Internship / Residency
- General Surgery - Bowman Gray Medical Center, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- Plastic Surgery - Bowman Gray Medical Center, Wake Forest University
- MS, Immunochemistry - University of Texas at Galveston
- Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Arch Miller, Medical Director of Plastic Surgery and a plastic surgeon at CTCA at Southwestern Regional Medical Center, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top doctor in plastic surgery. A Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, he has expertise in breast and chest wall reconstruction. At CTCA, he is able to perform breast reconstruction immediately following a patient’s surgery. “My overall goal for patients is to restore self-esteem. I try to give patients back something that they’ve lost,” he says.
Dr. Miller has been treating patients at CTCA since the Tulsa hospital first opened in 1990. “When they were designing this building, they actually asked the patients, ‘What do you guys like?’ You just don’t hear that at other hospitals. CTCA is very patient-oriented.”
In addition to being patient-focused, CTCA is cancer-focused, says Dr. Miller. “The doctors are all here to treat cancer patients. The nurses are all here to treat cancer patients. And the overall facility has been set up to treat cancer patients,” he notes.
He adds, “The nurse-to-patient ratio at CTCA is really good. The nursing staff is knowledgeable about cancer patients and well-equipped emotionally to deal with the unique issues.”
Dr. Miller earned an undergraduate degree in foreign languages at The Citadel Military College in Charleston, South Carolina. He served in the U.S. Army before attending the University of Texas at Galveston, where he earned a graduate degree in immunochemistry. He then earned a medical degree from the University of Texas at Galveston.
After medical school, Dr. Miller completed a general surgery residency and a plastic surgery fellowship at the Bowman Gray Medical Center at Wake Forest University in North Carolina.
Dr. Miller has worked in private practice in Tulsa, Oklahoma since 1985. He is an associate professor of surgery at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Some additional accomplishments of Dr. Miller include:
- Co-authored a book on cosmetic surgery and a book chapter on breast reconstruction
- Published numerous articles in scientific journals and presented at various national medical meetings
- Was nominated as one of Tulsa’s Best Doctors for 10 straight years
- Is one of the few U.S. recipients of the “Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery,” awarded by the Cosmetic Surgery Society’s Aesthetic Board
- Holds original patents for a reconstructive breast implant and a sternal closure device for heart surgery
- Designed a breast retractor and created/designed a nipple reconstruction technique for mastectomy patients
Former President of the Oklahoma Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Miller is a current member of the American Medical Association and the Tulsa Surgical Society. He is also a charter member of the Academy of Pediatrics Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
In addition, Dr. Miller was recognized as one of Castle Connolly's Top Doctors® in 2013.
When he isn’t caring for patients, Dr. Miller enjoys spending time with his grandkids. He also enjoys riding motorcycles and coaching soccer. He has lived in Tulsa for 25 years.