Accreditations and Recognitions
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) at Southeastern Regional Medical Center (Southeastern) is accredited by several renowned professional healthcare organizations that supervise the quality of cancer care.
The Joint Commission
Southeastern is currently accredited by The Joint Commission with Full Standards Compliance. This accreditation decision is awarded to a healthcare organization that demonstrates satisfactory compliance with applicable Joint Commission standards in all performance areas.
In 2015, The Joint Commission recognized Southeastern as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, using data from 2014. The Top Performer program recognizes hospitals for improving performance on evidence-based interventions that increase the changes of healthy outcomes for patients with certain conditions. Specifically, Southeastern was recognized for its surgical care and venous thromboembolism (VTE) performance measure sets.
- Achieve cumulative performance of 95 percent or above across all reported accountability measures;
- Achieve performance of 95 percent or above on each and every reported accountability measure with at
- least 30 denominator cases; and
- Have at least one core measure set that had a composite rate of 95 percent or above, and within that measure set, achieve a performance rate of 95 percent or above on all applicable individual accountability measures.
Established in 1951, The Joint Commission (formerly Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, or JCAHO) provides the “gold standard” seal of hospital approval in healthcare. Joint Commission-accredited hospitals must pass a rigorous on-site evaluation. Joint Commission surveys address the hospital’s performance in key areas, such as patient rights and patient treatment.
Quality Oncology Practice Initiative
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) at Southeastern Regional Medical Center (Southeastern) has been recognized by the QOPI Certification Program (QCP™), an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), as successfully completing a three-year certification program for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet nationally recognized standards for quality cancer care. QCP builds on ASCO’s Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®).
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Oncologists can achieve certification by meeting the highest standards of care.
Southeastern is also accredited by the following professional health care organizations:
- American College of Radiology Radiation Oncology Accredited Facility
- American College of Radiology Mammography Accredited Facility
- American College of Radiology MRI Accredited Facility
- American College of Radiology Computed Tomography Accredited Facility
- American College of Radiology Positron Emission Tomography Accredited Facility
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)
- College of American Pathologists
Southeastern has received the following awards:
- 2016 Clinical Center of Excellence in Pain Management by the American Pain Society
- 2015 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence AwardSM in Patient Experience
- 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 Who’s Who in Healthcare, Atlanta Business Chronicle: Anne Meisner
- 2015, 2014, 2013 Top Workplaces in Metro Atlanta, Atlanta Journal Constitution
- 2015, 2014, 2013 Top Doctors, Atlanta Magazine: George Daneker, Jr., MD, Rabih Bechara, MD, Scott Shelfo, MD, Dan Miller, MD
- 2012 Top Doctors in Atlanta, Atlanta Magazine: George Daneker, Jr., MD
- 2012 Top Doctors, US News and World Report: George Daneker, Jr., MD