Feel Confident and in Control
At CTCA, we’re here to help. Our goal is to present you with all of the treatment options available for your type and stage of cancer, and assist you in deciding which approach is the right choice for you and your individual needs.
Knowing all of your cancer treatment options can help you feel more secure and in control, and also confident that you are heading down the right treatment path.
If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a patient at CTCA, we can begin the insurance verification process immediately. We'll obtain your insurance policy information and contact your insurance provider on your behalf, in order to verify your benefits. This typically takes 24 to 48 hours.
Once your benefits have been confirmed, your OIS representative will contact you to review the details of your insurance plan’s coverage, including benefit levels and other aspects such as:
- In-network and out-of-network benefits (including inpatient and outpatient benefits your plan covers)
- Any deductible for which you may be responsible
- Percentage of coverage the plan pays after deductible has been met
- Any co-pay amount for which you may be responsible
If your insurance plan works with CTCA and you're interested in coming to one of our hospitals for a consultation, our OIS representatives will schedule your initial appointment. We’ll also coordinate your visit to our hospital and handle all of the details for you to make the process as easy, stress-free and affordable as possible.
Even if your insurance plan was not approved at the CTCA hospital of your choice, we can explore your benefits at another CTCA hospital upon your request. If your insurance plan works with another CTCA hospital and you decide to come for a consultation, we’ll let you know how we can assist you with travel expenses.
Preparing for Your Visit
Once you schedule an appointment, one of our oncology nurses will call you at home. The nurse will discuss your medical history and help address any questions or concerns you might have.
To ease your mind about what to expect in your first visit to CTCA, we will mail you a personalized packet of information ahead of time. This packet contains helpful information, including what to expect on your first day, CTCA department telephone numbers, a courtesy shuttle schedule, a patient and family activity calendar, pharmacy information, dining room hours, local area information and more.
The following are suggestions for items to bring with you:
- Your most recent health insurance card/s
- Enough clothing, toiletries, medication, etc. for a three- to five-day stay. You may wish to start your treatment immediately after your evaluation. If you think this might be a possibility, you may want to pack for an additional five- to seven-day stay.