Naturopathic oncology providers are specialists who use natural, non-toxic therapies to support the whole person and encourage the self-healing process. Their goal is to minimize the risk of harmful effects from cancer treatments, and apply the gentlest intervention needed to restore your health.
Your naturopathic oncology provider acts as a consultant to your oncologist to support normal metabolism and digestion during cancer treatment; manage any side effects, such as nausea or fatigue; and boost immune function.
Throughout your treatment, your naturopathic oncology provider will suggest natural therapies to support your immune system and reduce any treatment-related side effects, including:
- Herbal and botanical preparations, including supplements, teas and tinctures.
- Natural therapies, such as garlic, ginger and salt water.
- Homeopathic remedies, mainly involving plant extracts and minerals that gently strengthen the body's healing and immune response.
- Physical therapy and exercise therapy, including massage and other gentle techniques used on deep muscles and joints for therapeutic purposes.
- Hydrotherapy, which prescribes water-based approaches like hot and cold wraps, steaming and other therapies.
- Lifestyle counseling. Many medical conditions can be treated with foods and nutritional supplements, with fewer complications and side effects.
All of our naturopathic oncology providers have extensive knowledge of radiation, chemotherapy and other cancer treatments. They help guide your treatment plan and are in regular communication with your oncologist.