Donald P. Braun, Ph.D.
Donald P. Braun, Ph.D.
Vice President of Clinical Research
Immunology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Oncology, Cancer Immunotherapy, and Inflammatory diseases
Education and Postdoctoral Training
Bachelor of Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
Ph.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
20+ years of research in with a focus on immunotherapy, oncology and the effectiveness and impact of chemotherapy protocols on various cancers and tumor types.
- Instructor, Department of Microbiology & Immunology, University of Illinois at the Medical Center, Chicago
- Research Associate, Section of Medical Oncology, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine; Associate Professor, Department of Immunology/Microbiology, Rush Medical College, Chicago
- Associate Director, Section of Medical Oncology (for Research); Professor, Department of Medicine & Microbiology/Immunology, Rush Medical College
- Director, Scientific Program Development. Rush Cancer Institute
- Administrative Director of the Cancer Institute, Medical College of Ohio
- Professor, Department of Surgery, Medical College of Ohio
- Professor, Department of Surgery, Volunteer Track, University of Toledo Health Science Center
- Vice President of Clinical Research, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Chemical Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- New York Academy of Science
- Society of Immunotherapy
- International Society of Biological Therapy
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- The World Endometriosis Society
Appointed to and served on more than a dozen federal government and public advisory committees on oncology and immunology.
University course director, lecturer and advisor in the fields of oncology and immunology.
Author, co-author or editor of more than 200 peer-reviewed books, abstracts, and letters including:
Braun DP, Ding J, Shaheen F, Willey J, Rana N, and Dmowski WP. Quantitative Expression of Apoptosis Regulating Genes in Endometrium from Women with and without Endometriosis. Fertil Steril 87: 263-68, 2007
Braun DP, Gupta D, Birdsall TC, Sumner M and Staren ED. Effect of Naturopathic and Nutritional Supplement Treatment on Tumor Response, Control, and Recurrence in Patients with Prostate Cancer Treated with Radiation Therapy. J Alt Comp Med 10/2012