CTCA at Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center Fact Sheet
- The Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center (SCTWC) is part of CTCA’s national network of cancer hospitals and community treatment centers in Zion, Illinois; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Goodyear, Arizona; and Seattle, Washington.
- Headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, CTCA is a privately held network of cancer treatment hospitals and outpatient oncology clinics.
- The Seattle outpatient center is the only cancer treatment center in the Northwest where medical oncologists and naturopathic physicians work side by side in the delivery of personalized care.
- SCTWC provides comprehensive cancer care by integrating leading-edge medical treatments with naturopathic medicine, nutrition, acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine and mind-body medicine.
- SCTWC specializes in advanced, late-stage cancer, treating all major adult forms of the disease.
- Address: Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, 122 16th Avenue East, Second Floor, Seattle, Washington 98112.
- The center has a capacity of 14 infusion stations.
- The facility provides about 400 outpatient treatments each month.
- The center has 25 employees, including two medical oncologists and three naturopathic physicians.
Programs and Services
- Medical Oncology
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Mind-Body Medicine
History of CTCA at Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America was founded in 1988 by Richard J. Stephenson in honor of his mother, who lost her battle with cancer in 1982. He was challenged to create a better experience for cancer patients, one that empowers them to participate in their treatment.
- The Seattle outpatient center has served cancer patients in the Northwestern United States for nearly 10 years.
- The center was an innovator in the use of weekly dosing of chemotherapy and targeted nutritional supplementation and was among the first to adopt emerging biological and targeted therapies.
- Today, CTCA provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary path to cancer care by integrating leading-edge medical treatments with naturopathic medicine, nutrition, oncology rehabilitation, psychological counseling, spiritual support and pain management.
- Currently, SCTWC, is offering a promising investigator-initiated clinical trial for patients with advanced pancreatic cancer (non-randomized, phase 2).
Center's Trademark Principles
- Integrative care where oncologists work under one roof with naturopathic physicians and practitioners of acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine and mind-body medicine to treat the whole person.
- Mother Standard®, where each patient receives the same high standard of care CTCA staff would want for their own mothers. The Mother Standard® has raised the bar and created the highest standard in cancer care.
- Patient Empowerment Medicine®, where patients and caregivers are positioned at the center of their care, voicing opinions and participating in their own treatment decisions.
- SCTWC offers innovative treatment protocols, including weekly dosing of chemotherapy, which maximizes clinical safety and effectiveness and minimizes the side effects of conventional chemotherapy (see “Tech” sheet).