What is image enhancement?
A good self-image may help reduce depression and anxiety, help you feel more confident and improve your overall sense of well-being.
Our on-campus salon and spa offers a variety of image enhancement services to help you find ways to look and feel your best throughout your cancer treatment.
Patients and their families have access to the following image enhancement services at CTCA:
- Hair and nail care services, including haircuts, colors, manicures, pedicures, waxing, wig needs, etc.
- Hats, wigs, scarves, soft head coverings and other accessories
- A selection of breast forms, breast prosthetics and post-surgical bras
- Compression garments for treating lymphedema
- Women’s health products, including skincare products
- Classes and seminars on a variety of topics, including the connection between looking good and feeling better, as well as image-enhancement techniques.
Image enhancement for pancreatic cancer
We understand that hair loss and changes to the skin and body can be upsetting side effects of some pancreatic cancer treatments. Our image enhancement professionals, including beauticians, cosmetologists and salon personnel, are on hand to help you look and feel better throughout your pancreatic cancer treatment.
We'll address common appearance and body image issues that result from chemotherapy, radiation or surgery for pancreatic cancer. Our goal is to help you both anticipate and prepare for possible changes, as well as to positively manage them as they occur.