Stage I ovarian cancer
In stage 1 ovarian cancer, the cancer is confined to the ovaries and hasn’t spread to the abdomen, pelvis or lymph nodes, or to distant sites. Stage I has three subcategories:
- IA: The cancer is limited to one ovary, and the tumor is confined to the inside of the ovary.
- IB: The cancer is inside both ovaries but is confined to the inside of the ovaries.
- IC: The cancer is in one or both ovaries, and one of these statements is true:
- Cancer cells leaked into the abdomen and pelvis during surgery. (IC1)
- Cancer is on the outside of at least one ovary or the tissue surrounding the tumor ruptured before surgery. (IC2)
- Cancer cells were found in the abdominal fluid. (IC3)
Learn about ovarian cancer treatment options