Richard Schmidt, MD (Chicago area hospital)
Midwestern Regional Medical Center
"I give patients the treatment options that are available to them, explain the options and help them make a wise choice as to what to do. I always encourage patients to participate in the decision-making process and their care."
- Richard G. Schmidt, MD
- Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey
Internship / Residency
- Orthopedics - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Research - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Orthopedic Oncology - Shands Hospital, University of Florida, Gainesville
Practicing Since: 1988
Dr. Richard Schmidt is the Medical Director of Orthopedic Oncology at our hospital in Philadelphia. He also serves as the orthopedic oncologist at our suburban Chicago hospital.
Dr. Schmidt specializes in sarcomas, which includes cancer of the bone and soft tissue, and metastatic cancer to the bone. He is known for his expertise in the surgical management of limb salvage surgery.
Learn more about Dr. Schmidt