Kristen Hilburger, FNP-C
Midwestern Regional Medical Center
"“At CTCA, I am committed to improving patients’ quality of life.”"
- Kristen Hilburger, FNP-C
- Master’s, Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, Illinois.
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Addison, Illinois.
- Associate, Nursing, College of Lake County, Grayslake, Illinois.
- Family Nurse Practitioner – American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Practice Nurse – State of Illinois
- NCC Inpatient Obstetrics – National Certification Corporation
- Neonatal Resuscitation – American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Heart Association
- Licensed Registered Nurse
Practicing Since: 2005
Kristen Hilburger always dreamed of becoming a nurse practitioner. Today, with Hilburger serving as a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America® near Chicago, that dream has come true.
Hilburger was a Presidential Honors Graduate of the Chamberlain College of Nursing in Illinois, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing. She continued her training at Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, where she earned a master’s in nursing.
Over the past decade, Hilburger has gained vast experience in caring for a wide range of patients. Serving first as a Staff Nurse and then as a Charge Nurse at a large university health system in Illinois, she provided care to postoperative surgical patients, educating them and their families on home discharge plans. Later, she worked in obstetrics, assisting pregnant women during labor, delivery and postpartum care. A true educator, Hilburger has provided patients, their families and visitors extensive counseling on the needs of newborns.
Most recently, before joining CTCA®, she served as a Family Nurse Practitioner with an in-home service. She cared for elderly and high-risk populations, providing holistic services and helping patients set long-term plans.
In addition to her membership in Sigma Theta Tau, a National Honor Society of Nursing, Hilburger is a member of the National League for Nursing, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses.
Hillburger joined CTCA in January 2016. She works closely with a team of dedicated clinicians to provide care for patients.
Outside of CTCA, Hilburger enjoys spending time with her spouse and their three sons. She loves outdoor activities and is a member of the Make a Wish Foundation.