Daina Mallard, MMS, PA-C, MS, RD, LDN
Midwestern Regional Medical Center
"Patient-Empowered Care® combines evidence-based medicine with compassionate, open communication that supports not only patients but also their caregivers."
- Daina Mallard, MMS, PA-C, MS, RD, LDN
- MMS, Physician Assistant Studies - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- MS, Human Nutrition - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BS, Kinesiology & Sports Medicine - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Dietetic Internship - OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL
- Certified Physician Assistant – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Licensed Physician Assistant- Illinois
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician – American Society of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition
- Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition – Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian – Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist- Illinois
Practicing Since: 2015
After her first experience with anatomy and sports medicine in high school, Daina Mallard, Physician Assistant at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) in Illinois, knew she wanted a career in medicine.
She earned her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, with a focus on Sports Medicine, at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. Seeing a need for improved nutrition education among athletes, Mallard then completed her master’s in Human Nutrition at the same institution. This training included a one-year dietetic internship at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
Having become passionate about caring for patients with cancer during this time, Mallard joined CTCA® in 2010 as a Clinical Dietitian. She worked closely with patients to ensure they received adequate nutrition during treatment, that she provided education and other support to inpatients and outpatients, and that she developed nutritional plans for after treatment completion.
Wishing to expand her service to patients at CTCA, Mallard pursued a master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Her primary clinical rotations focused on internal medicine and urgent care. She completed additional rotations in general surgery, women’s health, emergency medicine, gastroenterology/hepatology and family medicine.
Mallard became a Certified Physician Assistant at CTCA in July 2015. She focuses on maintaining open communication with patients, providing evidence-based recommendations alongside compassion and support. She encourages patients to ask questions and express their concerns.
Outside of CTCA, Mallard is an avid sports fan who is pursuing her goal of attending a baseball game at every major league stadium. She also loves hiking, yoga and movies.