Naturopathic Medicine: Support & Treatment
Learn More About Naturopathic Support and Treatment: Chat with Us | Email Us
Naturopathic Support and Treatment throughout Your Cancer Journey
During your consultation visit to our hospital, you’ll meet with your naturopathic oncology provider for a detailed evaluation. He or she will talk with you about symptoms or side effects you may be experiencing, and determine which naturopathic treatments may be able to provide some relief.
Your naturopathic oncology provider will also educate you about naturopathic medicine and the role it can play in your treatment. Furthermore, he or she will ask you about any supplements, vitamins, herbs, or homeopathics you are currently taking. Because many new patients come to our hospital already on a regimen of dietary supplements and other natural remedies, it’s critical for our naturopathic oncology providers to be informed of all of the natural medicines patients are taking. This is a measure we take to ensure that the natural therapies you receive are safe and beneficial for you.
Throughout your cancer journey with CTCA, you can meet with your naturopathic oncology provider for naturopathic support and treatment. Below are some recommended times:
- Just before you begin or at the beginning of chemotherapy, radiation therapy or surgical treatment
- At the end of chemotherapy, radiation therapy or surgical treatment
- If there is a change to your chemotherapy or radiation regimen/treatment
- If you have complications associated with your cancer treatment or other medications
- If your symptoms change
- If there is a change in your medication(s) (to help prevent any possible interactions)
- If you are considering a new supplement/natural therapy (to help prevent any possible interactions and ensure the appropriateness of the therapy)
- As you transition from fighting cancer to preventing recurrence