Gynecologic Oncology: Treatments & Procedures
Learn More About Fighting Gynecologic Cancer at CTCA: Chat with Us | Email Us
Leading-edge Treatments & Procedures for Gynecologic Cancer
Dr. Williams is determined to find the best conventional treatments for each of her patients. She offers leading chemotherapy protocols, in addition to novel methods of treatment delivery, such as intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer.
Surgeries Dr. Williams performs include:
- Radical ovarian carcinoma surgeries
- Debulking surgery (i.e., extensive tumor reduction surgery involving removal of the fallopian tubes, ovaries and omentum)
- Multiple lymph node biopsies
- Bowel resections
- Other abdominal procedures
In addition, she can perform laparoscopic procedures for patients:
- Who are at high risk for developing ovarian carcinoma
- Who are BRCA positive and have breast cancer
- Who need hormonal manipulation of their breast cancer (i.e., removal of the ovaries)
Reconstructive surgery may also be an option for patients. These procedures are performed by Dr. Stephen Ray, Medical Director of Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery, typically on the same day as the other surgical procedure(s) performed.