Celebrate Life® at Midwestern
Learn More About Celebrate Life: Chat with Us | Email Us
Each June, we commemorate a major milestone for many of our patients—their five-year anniversaries as cancer survivors. We hold a special event called Celebrate Life® to honor and congratulate these individuals. It’s also our way of showing our appreciation and gratitude for the inspiration they give us every day.
Celebrate Life is a two-day tribute to our cancer survivors. We remember all that they endured throughout their fight, and celebrate the lives they lead today.
Celebrate Life includes:
- A welcome reception/dinner at a local hotel, where most out-of-town guests stay
- Breakfast the day of the ceremony/party
- A ceremonial tree planting (trees are planted in a local park in honor of each survivor)
- A gold leaf for each survivor (inscribed with his or her name) on the Tree of Life in the hospital’s lobby
- Hope RoundsSM (visits with patients currently in treatment to share hope and inspiration)
- A commemorative plaque for each survivor
- A festive luncheon party with a phenomenal buffet
- A formal ceremony honoring our survivors
The lunch and ceremony are held on the grounds of the hospital in enormous tents. The ceremony features videos of some of the honored survivors, uplifting speeches from CTCA leaders, musical performances, and presentations of Celebrate Life plaques to each survivor.
We put a unique spin on each year’s event. Past themes include “Walking on Sunshine,” “Some Kind of Wonderful,” “How Sweet It Is” and “Believe.”