Liver Cancer Naturopathic Medicine
Learn More About Naturopathic Medicine for Liver Cancer: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: Naturopathic Treatment for Liver Cancer PatientsNaturopathic Treatment for Liver Cancer Patients
Naturopathic Treatment for Liver Cancer Patients
Listen to naturopath Daniel Kellman briefly discuss the important role naturopathic medicine can play in liver cancer patients’ treatment at our hospitals.
Naturopathic Medicine for Liver Cancer
Naturopathic clinicians are specialists who use natural, non-toxic therapies to support the whole person and encourage the self-healing process, with an emphasis on building health. The goal of the naturopathic medicine team is to minimize the risk of harmful effects from cancer or liver cancer treatments, and apply gentle interventions to restore your health.
Every patient who comes to Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) has the opportunity to see a naturopathic clinician to support their liver cancer treatments. Naturopathic clinicians act as consultants to the oncologists in your care team and are committed to advancing your overall health, so you can maintain the strength you need to fight cancer.
Treating the Whole Person
During your first visit to CTCA, your naturopath will conduct a consultation with you. During this time, you’ll discuss your health history, any supplements you may be taking, and any side effects you are experiencing.
When building your naturopathic plan, your naturopathic clinician will consider your particular type and stage of liver cancer, as well as your previous and current treatments. In addition, throughout your liver cancer treatments, your naturopathic clinician will suggest naturopathic remedies to help minimize any foreseen side effects of upcoming therapies.Your naturopath will monitor your supplement and vitamin intake to ensure safety from potential drug-herb and drug-nutrient interactions.
Your naturopath will also explain the goals of each treatment, which aim to:
- Support normal metabolism and digestion for optimal nutrition during liver cancer treatment.
- Manage any side effects of cancer treatment, such as nausea or fatigue.
- Boost immune function.
- Support long-term health and wellness.
What Is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is based on the belief that the body has an innate ability to maintain health and heal when faced with an illness like cancer. The naturopathic medicine team at CTCA aims to support this process, by creating a healthy environment both inside and outside the body.
Our naturopaths make recommendations from a wide variety of natural therapies, including:
- Herbal and botanical preparations, including supplements, teas and tinctures.
- Natural therapies, such as garlic, ginger and salt water.
- Homeopathic remedies, mainly plant extracts and minerals that gently strengthen the body's healing and immune response.
- Physical therapy and exercise therapy, including massage and other gentle techniques used on deep muscles and joints for therapeutic purposes.
- Hydrotherapy, which prescribes water-based approaches like steaming, hot and cold wraps, and other therapies.
- Lifestyle counseling. Many medical conditions can be treated more effectively (with fewer complications and side effects) using foods and nutritional supplements than by other means. Naturopathic clinicians use diet, natural hygiene, fasting, and other practices to support your health during and after your liver cancer treatment.
- Acupuncture. Some of our naturopaths also provide acupuncture therapies.
Naturopathic treatment is always designed to support conventional cancer treatment. Since all of your care is handled under one roof, your naturopathic clinician is able to consult regularly with your oncologist and the rest of your care team to monitor the progress of your treatment.
All of our naturopathic clinicians have extensive knowledge of liver cancer treatments. They help guide your care plan and are in regular communication with the oncology team.
Next Topic: Pain Management for Liver Cancer