Kidney Cancer Spiritual Support Services
Learn More About Kidney Cancer Spiritual Support: Chat with Us | Email Us
Spiritual Support for Kidney Cancer
When faced with a kidney cancer diagnosis, feelings of despair can occur. To some, spiritual support helps guide them through their journey. At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), we believe in providing faith-based support for people who desire it.
During your first visit to our hospital, you have the option of speaking with a chaplain. This visit is not mandatory, but is available to those who request it. The chaplain is also available to speak with your loved ones, either privately or in a group.
Spiritual Support Services
We offer a variety of kidney cancer spiritual support services, including:
- Individual and group prayer
- Counseling by a faith representative of your choice
- Weekly interfaith worship and communion services
- Communication between our pastoral care team and a family’s spiritual advisors at home
- Patient and caregiver classes focused on healing, faith and life
- Covers of Love – a homemade blanket or quilt given to our treating patients the first time they attend a mid-week worship service
- Taped ministry
- Support with end-of-life issues and decisions
- Baptisms, weddings and funerals
Kidney cancer-related spiritual support is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our chaplains use sensitivity and compassion to work with you based on your religious beliefs. If at any time we are unable to provide you with the type of spiritual support you need, we will reach out to local clergy to meet with you regarding your faith.
After treatment at CTCA, you have the option to participate in our spiritual outreach program, Our Journey of Hope®.
Next Topic: Survivorship Support for Kidney Cancer