Intestinal Cancer: Integrative Treatment Program
Learn More About Intestinal Cancer: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: Integrated MedicineDr. Edgar Staren discusses the integrated medicine model used at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
CTCA surgical oncologist Dr. Edgar Staren discusses how the integrated medicine model works at CTCA, and how your care team meets regularly to combine treatments based on your individual needs.
A Team Approach to Fighting Intestinal Cancer
At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), our doctors have significant experience in fighting digestive cancers, including:
The information in this section covers symptom, diagnosis and treatment information for intestinal (small intestine) cancer.
Our highly trained and experienced doctors utilize sophisticated diagnostic tools and technology, in addition to advanced medical treatments for intestinal cancer. Additionally, our patients work with clinicians such as dietitians and rehabilitation therapists who are focused on improving patients’ quality of life and helping them through cancer treatment.
The diagnostic tests, intestinal cancer treatments and supportive therapies we offer are available onsite, within each of our hospitals.
As an intestinal cancer patient at CTCA, your care team may include:
- A surgical oncologist who performs advanced and complex surgeries for intestinal cancer.
- A radiation oncologist who works to eliminate intestinal cancer cells with cutting-edge radiation therapy.
- A medical oncologist who treats cancer with chemotherapy.
- A gastroenterologist who helps alleviate digestive complications so that you enjoy greater comfort.
- A pain management clinician who works to help minimize cancer- and treatment-related pain and discomfort.
- A clinical oncology dietitian who ensures that you receive the nourishment you need to maintain your strength and energy.
- A chaplain who is available to nurture your spiritual health.
- A mind-body therapist who can help you feel emotionally balanced and strong.
- A naturopathic clinician who can help ease side effects with natural therapies that are safe to use with surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and other intestinal cancer treatments.
These are some of the many care providers at CTCA who will work together and with you. You and your care team will develop a comprehensive intestinal cancer treatment plan designed to meet your unique needs.
Next Topic: Intestinal Cancer Information