Justin Chura, MD
Chief of Surgery & Director of Gynecologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery
Eastern Regional Medical Center
"My goal is to meet the patient where she is in her journey. Cancer treatment can be difficult, but we can provide options to alleviate symptoms and get patients through surgery and chemotherapy using a comprehensive care model."
- Justin Chura, MD
- MD - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia
Internship / Residency
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency – Magee-Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- MBA – St. Joseph’s University, Haub School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
- BA – Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Board Certified in Gynecologic Oncology – American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology – American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine – American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Recent Blog Posts:
Practicing Since: 2004
Board certified in Gynecologic Oncology as well as Obstetrics and Gynecology and Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine, Dr. Justin Chura is the Chief of Surgery & Director of Gynecologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery at CTCA at Eastern Regional Medical Center.
Prior to joining CTCA in July 2013, Dr. Chura led a robotic surgery program and worked in the gynecologic oncology division of a health network in PA.
Dr. Chura earned a medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Following medical school, he completed a four-year residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Magee-Women’s Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, where he was Chief Resident in his final year and earned the Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award.
Dr. Chura also completed a three-year fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN.
He holds a master’s degree from St. Joseph’s University, Haub School of Business in Philadelphia and a bachelor’s degree from Boston College, where he graduated summa cum laude.
Dr. Chura was named as one of the “Top Doctors” for 2009, 2011 and 2012 in Main Line Today.
He is an active member of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology and currently serves on the society’s finance committee. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Chura grew up in Cleveland. He met his wife while in medical school in Philadelphia. After stays in Pittsburgh and Minneapolis, they returned to Philadelphia. They have one child named Henry.
In his free time, Dr. Chura enjoys exercising and working on home renovations. He has also been the co-owner and trainer of certified therapy dogs.