Colleen Gaughan, MD
Eastern Regional Medical Center
- MD – Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Internship / Residency
- General Surgery Residency – Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship – University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Clinical Faculty Fellow, Thoracic and Foregut Division – University of Southern California and Los Angeles County Hospital
- Board Certified - American Board of Surgery
- Board Eligible - American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- BA in Psychology – Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Practicing Since: 2000
Dr. Colleen Gaughan joined CTCA at Eastern Regional Medical Center in April 2013 as a thoracic surgeon.
In addition to her role at CTCA, Dr. Gaughan is a thoracic surgeon at Holy Redeemer Hospital in Meadowbrook, PA. She also serves as Assistant Professor of Surgery (Thoracic Division) at both Temple University Hospital and Jeanes Hospital in Philadelphia.
Dr. Gaughan earned a medical degree from Temple University, where she received the W. Emory Burnett Surgical Award. Before medical school, she completed a Postbaccalaureate Prehealth Program at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Temple University.
Following medical school, Dr. Gaughan completed a five-year residency in general surgery at Temple University Hospital. In 2005, she moved to Los Angeles and spent a year as a research associate at the University of Southern California’s (USC) Department of Surgery, Thoracic and Foregut Division. She spent the next year as a Clinical Faculty Fellow at USC and Los Angeles County Hospital.
In 2007, Dr. Gaughan moved to Miami, where she completed a two-year cardiothoracic surgery fellowship in the Department of Surgery, Cardiothoracic Division of the University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital. While there, she received the Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellow of the Year Award for two years in a row.
Dr. Gaughan moved back to Philadelphia in 2009, where she has lived since. She is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American College of Chest Physicians, American College of Surgeons, Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, and the Pennsylvania Medical Society.