Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) at Eastern Regional Medical Center (Eastern) is accredited by several renowned professional health care organizations that supervise the quality of cancer care.
The Joint Commission
Eastern is currently accredited by The Joint Commission with Full Standards Compliance. This accreditation decision is awarded to a healthcare organization that demonstrates satisfactory compliance with applicable Joint Commission standards in all performance areas.
Established in 1951, The Joint Commission (formerly Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, or JCAHO) provides the “gold standard” seal of hospital approval in healthcare. Joint Commission-accredited hospitals must pass a rigorous on-site evaluation. Joint Commission surveys address the hospital’s performance in key areas, such as patient rights and patient treatment.
Breast program accreditation
In 2012, Eastern earned a three-year full accreditation for our breast program from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
The NAPBC has established 27 standards that breast centers must meet to assure all patients with breast disease receive the highest quality of care. The 27 standards include breast center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement.
American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
Eastern is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC). The CoC recognizes cancer programs that strive for excellence in providing quality care to cancer patients. In order to receive the accreditation, a cancer program must show that:
- Its patients have access to the full scope of services required to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate and support patients with cancer and their families.
- The cancer program continually evaluates its performance and takes proactive corrective action when necessary, reaffirming its commitment to provide the highest quality cancer care.
Eastern is also accredited by the following professional healthcare organizations:
- American Association of Blood Banks
- College of American Pathologists
- American College of Radiology
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- American College of Radiology’s Radiation Oncology Accreditation
Recognitions and memberships
Eastern has also earned the following recognitions/memberships:
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services