Spiritual Support: Goals
Learn More About Spiritual Support At Eastern: Chat with Us | Email Us
How can spiritual support help you during cancer care?
Whether or not you decide to seek spiritual support during your cancer care at Eastern is completely up to you.
Spiritual support during cancer care may help you cope better with the disease and its treatment. Some common issues you may be dealing with are anxiety, fear, anger, bitterness, frustration, depression, and sadness.
Spiritual support can help to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Promote a positive outlook
- Promote feelings of empowerment
- Reduce sense of isolation, loneliness
- Provide a sense of inner peace
- Strengthen the will to live
Overall, a strong spiritual foundation may help turn despair into hope, fear into courage, loneliness into connectedness, helplessness into power, and brokenness into wholeness.