Oncology Rehabilitation: Goals
Learn More About Oncology Rehabilitation Therapies At Eastern: Chat with Us | Email Us
How can rehabilitation help you during cancer care?
Rehabilitation can be your foundation for functioning before, during and after cancer treatment. Before treatment, rehabilitation can help you build strength and endurance. While you are undergoing treatment, it can help you maintain your physical well-being and functional independence and reduce pain and discomfort. After treatment, rehabilitation can help you regain function, improve strength and decrease fatigue.
Throughout your cancer care, rehabilitation may help to:
- Build strength and endurance
- Decrease fatigue
- Reduce pain and discomfort
- Maintain functional independence
- Improve physical well-being
- Promote mood, attitude and concentration
- Boost self-image
- Improve flexibility and balance