Celebrate Life® at Eastern
Learn More About Celebrate Life at CTCA: Chat with Us | Email Us
Each year, Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) commemorates a major milestone for many of our patients.
Celebrate Life® is a two-day event held at each CTCA hospital to honor and congratulate our five-year cancer survivors. It’s also our way of showing appreciation for the special individuals who entrust us with their care and inspire us every day.
A tradition at CTCA, Celebrate Life allows us to welcome back our survivors and honor their strength, determination and fighting spirit.
Celebrate Life at CTCA at Eastern Regional Medical Center includes:
- A welcome reception dinner at a local hotel, where most out-of-town guests stay
- A breakfast banquet the following morning before the ceremony
- A ceremonial tree planting at Ferko Park to honor each Celebrant
- The Tree of Life unveiling in the hospital lobby, featuring golden leaves inscribed with each survivor’s name
- Hope RoundSM throughout the hospital, in which Celebrates visit with patients currently in treatment to share hope and encouragement
- A buffet luncheon held in a tent on the grounds of the hospital
- A ceremony featuring uplifting speeches, musical performances, and a presentation of commemorative plaques to each survivor
Each year’s Celebrate Life has its own theme. Past themes have included: Walking on Sunshine, Some Kind of Wonderful, How Sweet It Is!, and most recently, Imagine!