TomoTherapy® Advanced Radiotherapy
Learn More About TomoTherapy®: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: TomoTherapyÂ® HI-ARTTomoTherapyÂ® HI-ART
TomoTherapy® HI-ART, a form of radiation therapy, precisely targets tumors while reducing radiation exposure to surrounding normal tissue. Listen to Dr. Bernard Eden discuss the benefits of this advanced technology.
The TomoTherapy® Highly Integrated Adaptive Radiotherapy (HI-ART) system combines an advanced form of intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with the accuracy of CT scanning technology, all in one machine. This approach treats hard-to-reach tumors that often sit close to healthy tissues and organs, while minimizing damage to these surrounding tissues.
With this advanced technology, our radiation doctors can sculpt powerful and precise radiation beams to treat tumors. Using built-in CT scanning to confirm the shape and position of the tumor before each treatment, TomoTherapy reduces radiation exposure to healthy tissues.
TomoTherapy offers several advantages:
- Before every treatment, advanced scanning technology provides a 3D image of the body, so the radiation beams can be targeted according to the size, shape and location of the tumor(s) on that specific day.
- During treatment, we can adjust the intensity and direction of the radiation beams in real time. The revolutionary “slice therapy” approach treats tumors one layer at a time.
- After treatment, side effects are minimized because less radiation reaches healthy tissues and organs.
Each TomoTherapy treatment takes about 20 minutes, including roughly five minutes for the CT scan, five minutes for the radiation treatment itself, and time for set-up. Many cancer patients who have reached their maximum tolerance dose of traditional radiation may be candidates for TomoTherapy.
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
- Brachytherapy (see High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy )
- BrainLAB Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Calypso® 4D Localization System™/GPS for the Body®
- 3D Conformal Radiation
- Contura™ Multi-Lumen Balloon
- CyberKnife® VSI™ Robotic Radiosurgery System
- Deep Tissue Hyperthermia
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
- Intraoperative Ultrasound
- Large Bore CT/RT with Simulation
- Local Hyperthermia
- MammoSite® RTS
- Radiation Therapy
- Radioactive Protectants
- Radioiodine Ablation (see Systemic Radiation Therapy)
- Radiology Information System: All digital, paperless environment and voice recognition diction
- Respiratory Gating
- Robotic Radiosurgery (see CyberKnife® VSI™ Robotic Radiosurgery System)
- Siemens / GE Multi-Modality Workstation
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) / Stereotactic Radiation Therapy (SRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery in conjunction with Calypso®
- TomoTherapy® HI-ART
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- Total Marrow Irradiation (TMI)
- Varian Linear Accelerator with SRS, Respiratory Gating, RapidArc® and SBRT
- Varian Linear Accelerator iX with RapidArc®
- Varian Linear Accelerator Trilogy™ with RapidArc®
- Varian® Linear Accelerator TrueBeam®