Learn More About Radiation Therapy: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: Radiation TherapyDiscover how radiation therapy is used at CTCA to treat many different forms of cancer. Our advanced radiation therapy options are on the cutting-edge of treatment.
Our radiation oncologists use the latest technology to deliver cutting-edge cancer treatment. Listen to Dr. Bernard Eden describe how we use different types of radiation therapy to treat cancer.
Radiation therapy uses targeted energy to kill cancer cells, shrink tumors, and provide relief of certain cancer-related symptoms. At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), we use highly targeted radiation therapies to kill tumors. By focusing the radiation directly on the tumor, these therapies minimize the risk of common side effects associated with radiation treatment.
Why We're Different
Typical radiation therapy can be damaging to the body. Our radiation oncologists use image guidance before and during radiation treatment to deliver maximum radiation doses to tumors, with less impact on healthy tissues and organs.
How We Support You
At CTCA, we look at everything that is happening with you. As you receive radiation treatment, we treat any side effects you experience and work with you to keep you strong in body and mind.
You’ll find nutrition therapy, mind-body medicine, oncology rehabilitation, and more all under one roof, so you can avoid treatment interruptions. The same services are also available to your caregivers and family members.
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
- Brachytherapy (see High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy )
- BrainLAB Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Calypso® 4D Localization System™/GPS for the Body®
- 3D Conformal Radiation
- Contura™ Multi-Lumen Balloon
- CyberKnife® VSI™ Robotic Radiosurgery System
- Deep Tissue Hyperthermia
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
- Intraoperative Ultrasound
- Large Bore CT/RT with Simulation
- Local Hyperthermia
- MammoSite® RTS
- Radiation Therapy
- Radioactive Protectants
- Radioiodine Ablation (see Systemic Radiation Therapy)
- Radiology Information System: All digital, paperless environment and voice recognition diction
- Respiratory Gating
- Robotic Radiosurgery (see CyberKnife® VSI™ Robotic Radiosurgery System)
- Siemens / GE Multi-Modality Workstation
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) / Stereotactic Radiation Therapy (SRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery in conjunction with Calypso®
- TomoTherapy® HI-ART
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- Total Marrow Irradiation (TMI)
- Varian Linear Accelerator with SRS, Respiratory Gating, RapidArc® and SBRT
- Varian Linear Accelerator iX with RapidArc®
- Varian Linear Accelerator Trilogy™ with RapidArc®
- Varian® Linear Accelerator TrueBeam®