Chemotherapy Resistance Testing
Learn More About Chemotherapy Resistance Testing: Chat with Us | Email Us
We perform chemotherapy resistance testing to help us determine the right combination of chemotherapy drugs before our patients begin treatment. By testing which drugs will work for you, we can help minimize unnecessary toxicity and create the most effective chemotherapy regimen for your needs.
To perform this test, a sample of the tumor is removed and tested against a variety of chemotherapy drugs. If the tumor cells grow in the presence of a drug, there is a high likelihood of resistance to that drug. By testing tissues and drugs outside of the body, we can minimize complications and target cancer cells as aggressively as possible from the start.
- Continuous Infusion Chemotherapy
- Fractionated-Dose Chemotherapy (see Metronomic Chemotherapy)
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Intra-Arterial Chemotherapy (IAC)
- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (IPC)
- Intrathecal Chemotherapy
- Intratumoral Chemotherapy
- Intravenous Chemotherapy
- Maintenance Chemotherapy
- Metronomic Chemotherapy