Learn More About Chemotherapy: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: ChemotherapyLearn about CTCA's advanced chemotherapy treatment methods to treat many different forms of cancer.
Chemotherapy is the treatment of cancer with drugs that can destroy cancer cells by impeding their growth and reproduction. At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), we work closely with our patients to meet your individual needs before, during and after chemotherapy. Our supportive therapies help you relax and minimize side effects.
Why We’re Different
At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), chemotherapy is an important part of treatment for many of our patients. We constantly think “outside of the box” to try different approaches and minimize side effects:
- Before receiving chemotherapy, we may perform tumor molecular profiling, to determine the right combination of chemotherapy drugs to use for your particular type of cancer.
- During chemotherapy, you can relax in our infusion area, sit in front of the windows, talk with family or friends, or nap in a private lounge chair. You can also schedule appointments with acupuncturists and naturopathic clinicians during your treatment.
- After chemotherapy, we’ll manage any side effects of treatment. To combat nausea, your medical oncologist may prescribe medication and your naturopathic clinician can offer natural therapies. You also can visit our on-site salons for dealing with hair loss, should it occur.
How We Support You
Chemotherapy can have many unpleasant side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, hair loss, fatigue and mouth sores. We use innovative approaches to prevent or manage these side effects, throughout your chemotherapy treatment.
Therapies like nutrition therapy, naturopathic medicine and mind-body medicine, can all help to reduce chemotherapy-related symptoms so you can continue to participate in the activities you enjoy most and enjoy a good quality of life.
- Continuous Infusion Chemotherapy
- Fractionated-Dose Chemotherapy (see Metronomic Chemotherapy)
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Intra-Arterial Chemotherapy (IAC)
- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (IPC)
- Intrathecal Chemotherapy
- Intratumoral Chemotherapy
- Intravenous Chemotherapy
- Maintenance Chemotherapy
- Metronomic Chemotherapy