Every year at each Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) hospital, we commemorate a major milestone for many of our patients—their five-year anniversaries as cancer survivors. We hold a special event called Celebrate Life® to honor and congratulate these individuals.
This tribute to our cancer survivors includes:
- A ceremonial tree planting (trees are planted in a local park in honor of each survivor)
- A gold leaf for each survivor (inscribed with his or her name) on the Tree of Life in the hospital’s lobby
- Opportunity for our honorees to share their personal journey of healing and hope on our Interactive Survivor Tree
- Hope RoundsSM (visits with patients currently in treatment to share hope and inspiration)
- Lunch and formal ceremony