Colorectal Cancer Trilogy™
Learn More About Trilogy Cancer Treatment: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: The Varian Trilogy™ SystemThe Varian Trilogy™ System
The Varian Trilogy™ System
Radiation oncologists at CTCA use Trilogy to monitor tumor motion while precisely focusing radiation on a tumor, helping minimize radiation exposure to nearby healthy tissue. Listen to Dr. Bernard Eden talk about Trilogy.
Trilogy Radiation Therapy for Colorectal Cancer
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) uses one of the most advanced radiation therapy tools available today: the Varian Trilogy™ system. With Trilogy, radiation oncologists at CTCA can target tumors using the system’s advanced methods for treating cancer, including:
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
In select cases, the Trilogy system may be used to treat colorectal cancer patients who have a limited number of metastatic tumors in their lungs or liver. SBRT or Trilogy IMRT may be used to pinpoint cancer radiation treatment to the site of the tumors.
Advantages of Trilogy Radiation Therapy
- Real-time imaging allows for up-to-the-second data so our radiation oncology team can monitor tumor motion during cancer radiation treatment.
- RapidArc™ technology makes it possible for the system to rotate 360 degrees around the patient to deliver a sculpted beam of radiation to a tumor. This enables the tumor to receive the optimal dosage of radiation, while avoiding harm to healthy tissues that surround the tumor.
- Speed in delivering treatment helps to minimize the amount of time patients spend in the treatment room receiving radiation therapy.
Next Topic: Nutrition Therapy for Colorectal Cancer Patients