Colorectal Cancer Survivorship Support
Learn More About Survivorship for Colorectal Cancer: Chat with Us | Email Us
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) offers an After Care Program which can help you manage long-term and late effects of colorectal cancer and its treatment. Our cancer survivorship program teaches patients who have completed treatment at CTCA how to manage their colorectal cancer recovery and improve their overall well-being.
A registered after care nurse who leads our cancer survivorship program will work with you to create an individualized wellness plan aimed at optimizing your health. Your after care nurse will:
- Educate you about long-term and late effects of colorectal cancer, as well as colorectal cancer treatment.
- Provide options for preventing or managing any symptoms you experience.
- Recommend actions you can take to improve your overall health.
- Offer you clinical support while you’re at home.
- Help keep you on track with a list of your regular follow-up appointments and recommended tests.
- Work in tandem with your CTCA care team to monitor your colorectal cancer recovery.
- Recommend local care partners who can care for you when you return home, including oncologists, internists, chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists and psychologists.
Next Topic: Colorectal Cancer Experts