CareEdge® Cancer Diagnostic Program
A comprehensive cancer diagnosis and treatment plan, delivered in just five days for one inclusive price. Guaranteed.
This innovative diagnostic service is the first of its kind. Anywhere. It includes:
- A diagnosis and treatment plan in five days or less.*
Your Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) Care Manager will organize your appointments with your entire evaluation team, which includes medical doctors, naturopathic clinicians, dietitians and mind-body therapists. They’re all under one roof at your CTCA® hospital.
- A treatment plan designed just for you.
In keeping with our Patient Empowered Care® philosophy, CareEdge personalizes your treatment plan to address your specific needs.
- One all-inclusive price, no surprises.
You’ll know the price charged for your diagnosis and treatment plan. And that price won’t change. Plus, you can use your Health Savings Account to pay.
- Our guarantee.*
We stand by our promise of a predictable schedule and price. If we don’t provide you with your treatment plan in five days, we’ll provide a full refund of amounts paid.
What to Expect During Your CareEdge Stay
At CTCA, we provide all services required to deliver a comprehensive, individualized diagnosis, evaluation and treatment plan. These services may include:
Medical Oncologist Consultation
- A consultation with a medical oncologist that provides the time required for patients to get the answers they need.
Diagnostic Imaging & Pathology Services
- Imaging and lab services determined to be medically necessary by the medical oncologist in order to provide a comprehensive evaluation (as appropriate):
- Blood tests
- Related pathology services
- A comprehensive evaluation by a registered dietitian experienced in serving cancer patients.
- Related lab tests and development of a plan for improving or maintaining optimal nutrition.
- A comprehensive evaluation by a naturopathic provider certified in oncology.
Mind-Body Medicine Consultation
- A consultation with health professionals experienced in helping cancer patients regain and maintain a sense of control of their lives and their treatment.
Specialist Consultations (as applicable)
- Radiation oncologists
- Internal medicine specialists
- Pain management experts
- Interventional pulmonologists
Consultations for Rehabilitation, Acupuncture and Pastoral Care
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does CareEdge cost?
It can vary. But you’ll always know in advance, and it will always be one, all-inclusive price that won’t change.
What if I don’t live near a CTCA hospital?
Not a problem. Transportation to a hospital and lodging are both included in your CareEdge price.**
Single, Predictable Price
For CareEdge, we created a single, predetermined price that includes professional and facility services associated with the diagnostic evaluation, as well as transportation to a CTCA hospital and lodging.*** The price charged by CTCA for the CareEdge cancer evaluation services are as follows:*
Breast – $12,200
Colorectal – $11,400
Lung – $14,500
Prostate – $10,000
The guaranteed set pricing applies to patients with lung, breast, prostate and colorectal cancers. At this time, we do not have set pricing for patients with other cancer types, although we still provide the complete, comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and a personalized treatment plan within three to five business days.
* Some exclusions apply. See Plan description for details. Plan does not apply to beneficiaries of Medicare and other government programs and to beneficiaries of CTCA-contracted payors and employers.
** CTCA travel benefits are not available to beneficiaries of Medicare and other government programs.
*** Price includes both professional and facility services for the cancer evaluation only and does not include treatment, therapy or other care.
1 A survey of patients who participated in the Patient Empowered Care pilot was conducted from October 5, 2009 through January 7, 2010. A total of 358 patients who participated in the pilot at three CTCA hospitals are represented in this survey.
2 Strategy One Quantitative Study, April 2011