Bone Cancer Spiritual Support Services
Learn More About Bone Cancer Spiritual Support: Chat with Us | Email Us
Video: Spiritual SupportSpiritual Support
Our chaplains nurture your spiritual well-being and support all aspects of your faith throughout your bone cancer treatment and recovery.
Spiritual Support for Bone Cancer Patients
At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), we recognize that faith and spiritual support are important to many patients with bone cancer. That is why we work to create an open and uplifting environment that embraces the beliefs of all patients, their families and our staff. We provide a universal umbrella of spiritual support that strengthens, motivates and inspires you to explore how faith and spirituality can help strengthen you in your fight against bone cancer.
Often, when patients are diagnosed with bone cancer, they experience feelings of fear, anxiety and loneliness, and some may even question their faith. Spirituality can help reduce these feelings, and to bring about a sense of peace and calm as you go through bone cancer treatment.
Whether or not you decide to seek spiritual support during your treatment for bone cancer is your decision. If you’re interested, we offer a variety of programs and spiritual support services for you and your family members. These include:
- New patient orientation
- Individual and group prayer
- Prayer chains facilitated by hospital staff
- Counseling by a faith representative of your choice
- Weekly interfaith worship and communion services
- Patient growth and support groups that focus on healing, faith and life
- Pastoral comfort and support
- Assistance with the development of advanced directives and/or living wills
- Family consultations
- Grief and bereavement counseling and referral
- Taped ministry
- Communication with your local pastor and church
- Telephone consultations with patients/family members
After leaving CTCA, our spiritual support services are still available by phone and through our spiritual outreach program, Our Journey of Hope®.
Next Topic: Image Enhancement for Bone Cancer