What is image enhancement?
A good self-image may help reduce depression and anxiety, help you feel more confident and improve your overall sense of well-being.
Our on-campus salon and spa offers a variety of image enhancement services to help you find ways to look and feel your best throughout your cancer treatment.
Patients and their families have access to the following image enhancement services at CTCA:
- Hair and nail care services, including haircuts, colors, manicures, pedicures, waxing, wig needs, etc.
- Hats, wigs, scarves, soft head coverings and other accessories
- A selection of breast forms, breast prosthetics and post-surgical bras
- Compression garments for treating lymphedema
- Women’s health products, including skincare products
- Classes and seminars on a variety of topics, including the connection between looking good and feeling better, as well as image-enhancement techniques.
Image enhancement for bone cancer
Our image enhancement specialists provide support to help you cope before, during and after your bone cancer treatment.
Cosmetic image enhancement: CTCA offers cosmetic image enhancement to support you as you undergo bone cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Our goal is to help you anticipate and prepare for the potential changes in appearance (e.g., hair loss) and body image issues that may result from treatment. We also offer classes and seminars for you, your family and community members.
Plastic and reconstructive support: CTCA surgical oncologists work closely with our plastic and reconstructive surgeons who consult with you prior to bone cancer surgery. In many cases, our plastic surgeons can perform restorative procedures immediately following, or during, your bone cancer surgery.