Bile Duct Cancer Naturopathic Medicine
Learn More About Naturopathic Medicine: Chat with Us | Email Us
Naturopathic Medicine for Bile Duct Cancer
Every bile duct cancer patient who comes to one of the Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) has the opportunity to see a naturopathic clinician to support their cancer treatment. Naturopathic clinicians act as consultants to the oncologists in your care team and are committed to advancing your overall health, so you can maintain the strength you need to fight cancer.
Naturopathic clinicians are specialists in natural healthcare who use natural, non-toxic therapies to support the whole person and encourage the self-healing process, with an emphasis on building health. Their goal of naturopathic medicine is to minimize the risk of harmful effects from cancer or cancer treatments, and apply the most gentle of interventions needed to restore your health.
Your Personalized Naturopathic Medicine Program
During your first visit to CTCA, your naturopath will conduct a consultation with you. During this time, you’ll discuss your health-history, any supplements you may be taking, as well as any side effects you are experiencing.
When building your naturopathic medicine plan, your clinician will consider your particular type and stage of bile duct cancer, as well as your previous and current treatments. In addition, throughout your bile duct cancer treatment, your naturopathic clinician will suggest naturopathic remedies to help minimize any foreseen side effects of upcoming therapies. Your naturopath will monitor your supplement and vitamin intake to ensure safety from potential drug-herb and drug-nutrient interactions.
Your clinician will also explain the goals of using naturopathic medicine for cancer patients, which include:
- Supporting normal metabolism and digestion for optimal nutrition during bile duct cancer treatment.
- Managing any side effects of cancer treatment, such as nausea or fatigue.
- Boosting immune function.
- Supporting long-term health and wellness.
Our naturopaths make recommendations from a wide variety of natural therapies, including:
- Herbal and botanical preparations, including supplements, teas and tinctures.
- Natural therapies, such as garlic, ginger and salt water.
- Homeopathic remedies, mainly plant extracts and minerals that gently strengthen the body's healing and immune response.
- Physical therapy and exercise therapy, including massage and other gentle techniques used on deep muscles and joints for therapeutic purposes.
- Hydrotherapy, which prescribes water-based approaches like steaming, hot and cold wraps, and other therapies.
- Lifestyle counseling. Many medical conditions can be treated more effectively with fewer complications and side effects with foods and nutritional supplements than they can by other means. Naturopathic clinicians use diet, natural hygiene, fasting and other practices to support your health during and after cancer.
- Acupuncture therapy is also provided by some of our naturopaths.
At CTCA, our naturopathic medicine for cancer patients is designed to support advanced medical treatments. Since all of your care is handled under one roof, your naturopathic clinician is able to consult regularly with your oncologist and the rest of your care team to monitor the progress of your treatment. All of our naturopathic clinicians have extensive knowledge of bile duct cancer treatments. They help guide your care plan and are in regular communication with the oncology team.
Next Topic: Mind-Body Medicine for Bile Duct Cancer