How to Get More Veggies
Learn More About Cancer And Nutrition: Chat with Us | Email Us
- Have a salad – taco salad, chef salad, whatever-you-like salad.
- Use dark green lettuce such as romaine rather than iceberg
- Have a stir-fry. Use lots of vegetables and a little meat.
- Keep a bowl of veggies, like celery, carrots, radishes and broccoli cut up and ready for snacking. Serve with dip as a healthy snack or appetizer.
- Save leftover vegetables during the week, put them in the freezer, and have a wonderful veggie soup on Friday.
- Put lettuce and tomato on your sandwich.
- Have carrot and celery sticks with a sandwich instead of potato chips.
- Mix finely grated raw carrots with peanut butter and use as a spread for crackers, apples, or bananas.
- Add vegetables to cream cheese or ricotta cheese and blend until thoroughly whipped. Use as a spread for bagels or crackers.
- Mix raw egg with cut up vegetables and grated cheese. Cook as you would scrambled eggs.