Timothy C. Birdsall
Chief Medical Information Officer
Education and Postdoctoral Training
Bachelor of Arts, Grace College
Naturopathic Medical School
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, Kenmore, Washington
Internship and Residency
Diploma - Midwifery, Bastyr University
Residency in General Naturopathic Medicine and Natural Childbirth, Bastyr University
Honors & Awards
- President’s Award (2010), Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- President’s Award (2000); Physician of the Year (2009), American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Naturopathic Physician, Arizona #09-1093
- Naturopathic Physician, Washington # NT00000477
- Fellow, Naturopathic Oncology, American Board of Naturopathic Oncology
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Vice President, Integrative Medicine; National Director of Naturopathic Medicine & Research), 2002-2012
- Western Regional Medical Center, Department of Naturopathic Medicine, 2009-Present
- Midwestern Regional Medical Center, Dept. of Naturopathic Medicine (Director of Naturopathic Medicine; Director, Naturopathic Residency Program), 1998-2010
- Private Practice, Sandpoint, Idaho, 1990-1998
- Thorne Research Inc., Technical Director, 1989-1998
- Private Practice, Genesis Birth Center, Kirkland, Washington, 1985-1990
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (Speaker, House of Delegates; Board of Directors; Vice-President)
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (Vice-President; Board of Directors)
- American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (Chair, Board of Medical Examiners)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society for Integrative Oncology
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association
- National Advisory Council for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health, DHHS
L Cain, K Campbell, K Gilbert, J Stark, CG Lis, TC Birdsall, JF Grutsch, S Williams, D Gupta.The impact of insomnia on patient satisfaction with quality of life in advanced cancer - a longitudinal analysis. Abstract submitted for the 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
J Stark, K Campbell, L Cain, K Gilbert, CG. Lis, TC Birdsall, JF Grutsch, S Williams, and D Gupta. Pain affects patient satisfaction with quality of life in advanced cancer - a longitudinal analysis. Abstract submitted for the 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
TC Birdsall, RD Levin, L Alschuler, M Daehler, SM Birdsall, J Martin, L Dounaevskaia, CG Lis, and DP Braun. Effect of complementary alternative medical (CAM) therapy on pain and fatigue in pancreatic cancer patients. Abstract submitted for the 2007 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
TC Birdsall, L Cain, J Martin, SM Birdsall, L Wiersum, K Anderson, B Eden, J Flynn, D Kelly, and DP Braun. The effect of naturopathic and nutritional supplement treatment on tumor response, control and survival in prostate cancer patients treated with radiation therapy. Abstract submitted for the 2009 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Braun DP, Gupta D, Birdsall TC, Sumner M, Staren ED.Effect of Naturopathic and Nutritional Supplement Treatment on Tumor Response, Control, and Recurrence in Patients with Prostate Cancer Treated with Radiation Therapy. J Altern Complement Med 2012 Oct 4; doi:10.1089/acm.2011.0657
Gupta D, Lis CG, Birdsall TC, Grutsch JF.The use of dietary supplements in a community hospital comprehensive cancer center: implications for conventional cancer care. Supportive Care Cancer 2005; 13(11):912- 919.
Murray MT, Birdsall TC, Pizzorno J, Reilly P. How To Prevent and Treat Cancer With Natural Medicine. New York: Riverhead Books; 2002.