National Director of Mind-Body Medicine
Director, Department of Mind-Body Medicine
Mind-Body Medicine Including:
Applications of mind-body medicine to wellness, stress reduction and self-care
Coping with grief and loss
Bachelor of Arts, Cultural Anthropology and Spanish, with Honors, Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa
Master of Science, Management of Rehabilitation Services, with Distinction, DePaul University, Chicago
Master of Social Work, Loyola University, Chicago
PhD, School of Social Service Administration, University of Chicago
Academic Honors & Awards
- Dissertation Fellowship, School of Social Service Administration, University of Chicago
- Children’s Policy Research Fellowship, Scholl Foundation
- Research Fellowship, NIMH Mental Health Services Research Training Program
- School of Social Work Academic Achievement Award, Loyola University Chicago, School of Social Work Writing Award, Loyola University Chicago
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW, State of Illinois)
- Master Reiki Practitioner
- Certified Laughter Leader
- Certified Instructor, Organ Cleansing Qigong
University of Chicago: Dissertation Research, School of Social Service Administration.
Studied organizational change under duress through analysis of the responses by a large state child welfare agency and by individual leaders to a class action suit filed by the ACLU on behalf of the wards of the state.
University of Chicago: Research Associate, Chapin Hall Center for Children.
Participated in the design, implementation, analysis, and write-up of several studies that were part of the evaluation of the “Community Partnerships for Protecting Children,” an initiative implemented in four U.S. cities with the aim of reducing child abuse and neglect.
University of Chicago: Research Intern, School of Social Service Administration in conjunction with the Office of the Research Director of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Chicago.
Participated in development of and training for the Placement Stability project that investigated the factors contributing to the stability of foster care placements.
- Director of Day Training Programs, Anixter Center, Chicago (formerly The Center for the Rehabilitation and Training of Persons with Disabilities)
- Director of Workshops/Director of Activity Services, Anixter Center
- Manager, Evanston Rehabilitation Center, Anixter Center
- Floor Supervisor, Levy Rehabilitation Center, Anixter Center
- Administration, Grinnell College, Grinnell-in-London, England
- Psychotherapist, Private Practice, Chicago/Evanston
- Psychiatric Social Worker, St. Francis Hospital, Adult and Child Guidance Center, Evanston, Illinois
- Teaching Assistant/Field Liaison, School of Social Service Administration, University of Chicago
- Training Specialist, Anixter Center: Sheridan Rehabilitation Center
- National Association of Social Workers
- Association of Oncology Social Workers
- Professional Advisory Committee Member, World Laughter Tour