National Director, Naturopathic Medicine
Director, Naturopathic Medicine, Southwestern Regional Medical Center
Education and Postdoctoral Training
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia
Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, Simon Fraser University
MBA, Oklahoma State University
Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto
Academic Honors & Awards
Recipient, Swiss Herbal Remedies Bursary in recognition of Excellence in the Promotion of Women’s Health
- Fellow of American Board of Naturopathic Oncologists (FABNO)
- Certification in Advanced CPR Training, CITI research training
Demonstrating performance in clinical/outcomes research with emphasis on Integrative Medicine.
Commitment to research; using integrative medicine scientific evidence base to direct patient treatment, translating research studies into practical patient education information.
- Interim National Director of Naturopathic Medicine, Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
- Director, Naturopathic Medicine, Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Naturopathic Staff Physician, Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), Tulsa
- ECG Assistant, Nanaimo Regional Hospital, Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Area Coordinator, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Medicine (AANP)
- Member, Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (ONCANP)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member, Oklahoma Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OKANP).
“The effect of naturopathic and nutritional supplement treatment on tumor response, control and survival in prostate cancer patients treated with radiation therapy.” Author Block: T. C. Birdsall, L. Cain, J. Martin, S. M. Birdsall, L. Wiersum, K. Anderson, B. Eden, J. Flynn, D. Kelly, D. P. Braun; Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Zion, IL; Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Tulsa, OK 2007