Medical Director of Gynecologic Oncology & Medical Director of Robotic Surgery
Education and Postdoctoral Training
Bachelor of Arts, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
MBA, St. Joseph’s University, Haub School of Business, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Internship and Residency
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Gynecologic Oncology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Academic Honors & Awards
- National Faculty Award, Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2013
- Main Line Today, Top Doctors, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Best Research Project, University of Minnesota Resident and Fellow Research Day, April, 2005
- Chief Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Magee-Womens Hospital, 2003-04
- Best Teaching Resident, University of Pittsburgh, June 2004
- Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award, Magee-Womens Hospital, 2004
- Berlex Best Teaching Resident 2002
- W.L. Croll Scholarship Recipient, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1996 - 2000
- Presidential Scholars Program, Boston College, 1992 - 96
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified in Gynecologic Oncology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical License (Pennsylvania)
- Associate Director Gynecologic Oncology, Director Robotic Surgery, Crozer
- Keystone Health Network
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of Surgical Oncology
- Member, Society of Gynecologic Oncologists. Served on :Finance Committee, Chairman of Products and Publications Sub-Committee, Marketing and Communications Committee
- Powell Center for Women’s Health, University of Minnesota – Faculty Member
- Mid-Atlantic Gynecologic Oncologic Society
Primary author or co-author of peer-reviewed manuscripts, reviews, book chapters, editorials or abstracts including:
Activation of phospholipase D by phosphatidic acid. Enhanced vesicle binding, phosphatidic acid-Ca2+ interaction, or an allosteric effect?Journal of Biological Chemistry.
The effect of the anti-inflammatory cytokines interleukin-4 and interleukin-10 on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated production of prostaglandin E2 by cultured human decidual cells. Journal of Reproductive Immunology.
The potential nephrotoxic effects of intensity modulated radiotherapy delivered to the para-aortic area of women with gynecologic malignancies: preliminary results. American Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Influence of obesity on robotic hysterectomy outcomes in the gynecologic oncology population.
Contemporary management of preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM): Determinants of latency and neonatal outcome.
Brain metastasis from cervical carcinoma.
Localized delivery of chemotherapy to the cervix for radiosensitization.Gynecologic Oncology.
Reviewed articles in the following journals:
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology